On a good day, parenting will test the integrity of your character. On a bad day, parenting will test your will to live. Parenting children with trauma histories will cause you to test the integrity of everything and everyone you thought you knew, for the rest of your life.
~J. Skrobisz

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

it just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Social Security non attorney representative from my State CMO says,
"Mom, your children's needs are severe enough to eventually qualify them for social security disability and as a result, medicaid. But, state is so back logged, it will take any where from 6 months to a year just to hear back from them if you're approved."

*head, wall, banging*

Wonder Girls' stitches are out but she can't put her whole weight on her foot, she complains of pain in her achilles tendon (it wasn't severed but the sheath was torn so that's to be anticipated), she still has swelling, it's not completely scabbed over and the doc says we have to treat it as though it was a really bad sprain: ice it down, keep it elevated, stay in the wheel chair, no PE at school for three weeks, healing time is 3-6 months and ... she needs PT.

Right? because in all my spare time I have, I can take Wonder Girl to PT?

*head, wall, banging*

Meanwhile, Sissy escalated twice in the last two days requiring phone calls to IFI. Tonight Ms T came for regular therapy and an hour after she left, Sissy was in full-on rage mode and Ms M had to spend an hour deescalating.

but yeah. Ms T confirmed what Ms M said on Saturday. CMO is reducing our hours to 15 over 3 months. when I told her it could take as long as a year to hear if the children are approved for SSD and medicaid, Ms T said, "yeah, I heard that there's a really long wait"

*head, wall, banging*

You know, it's the strangest thing. I keep getting these really bad headaches ...

And THANK YOU COREY FOR MY LOVE IN A BOX TODAY!

Corey is the fashizzle, she sent me a pampering bath set. So heads up, if you're having a sh!tty life, let Corey know and she'll mail you something! lol

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

*head, wall, banging on your behalf*

sending healing energy your way.

best and peace.

stellarparenting.com said...

I can not believe that there is not more support - that all sucks, except for Cory sending you treats, that part is great!

GB's Mom said...

I am glad Corey took care of you. Prayers and hugs coming your way!

noniquilter said...

Jen What can I do for you? I know that I am an houraway but I cn help and I am willing. In the meantime I will not cease from praying that God will move mightily on your behalf in all areas that need Him. I will even come in to babysit so you can get some me time to recharge if that will help. What are you all doing for Easter? We are going to Woodlawn with Kayla and then to her house to eat. Would you all like to join us? We would love to have you. It will be us, Kayla's family and Mandy and Johnny. Will understand any decision you make and love you always. Just wanted you to know that we ARE HERE FOR YOU

Love,

Noni

Jeri said...

I don't know Corey....can you mail alcohol from state to state?

Sorry Jennie that the "system" is so fudged up. You may have to consider approaching the child protection service agency for help. I know they really, really, really don't want to have families disrupt...it's a huge step and we are so far fortunate that our CPS here considers us to be on the same team. We are the only family any of the professionals knows of that has had a ruling of basically that we've done all we can possibly do and need help. praying for you