On a good day, parenting will test the integrity of your character. On a bad day, parenting will test your will to live. Parenting children with trauma histories will cause you to test the integrity of everything and everyone you thought you knew, for the rest of your life.
~J. Skrobisz

Monday, March 8, 2010

pictures of my morning

4 hours of work, it was finally organized and tidy at 7 pm last night. This is what Sissy's room looked like 12 hours later, and she slept for 9 hours of it.


This is the conglomeration of items that didn't fit in her space that I now have to find a place for.


I think I've mentioned Aspie Boy is good at puzzles? He did this much of the US puzzle in the 20 minutes I checked my email. This is a tough puzzle for ME to do! I think we can officially say he's better at it than me. He said, "mom. you have to be smart to do this puzzle."

"I AM smart."

"yeah. but smart, mom. you know. like, SMART."

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He conceded. "ok. you're smart. but this puzzle is for smart people only. and I can do it. because I'm smart. Can you help me find New Mexico?"

BTW, he's feeling better but school rules: you have to be vomit and diarrhea free for 24 hours before returning.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

Thinking of you ;-)