For now, a few pictures.
1. Sissy wearing the crown she picked out on our mother/daughter outing last week. She's looking up how to spell a word while I was cooking. My back was turned to her so I had no idea she was doing something when she began speaking to me.
"mom? I can't find it."
"ugh! How to spell it!"
"how to spell which word?"
"Well, you hadn't told me, so I didn't know."
"How are you looking it up?"
"UGH! B-U ... beautiful! That's how it's said."
"hmm. Sounds that way, doesn't it. Try b-e-a"
"That word has lots of sneaky silent vowels. Just try it."
"just look and see"
*looking it up* "Oh! Here it is! finally!"
I wish we didn't have these exact exchanges every time Sissy tries to communicate! It's exhausting to stay patient! lol To diffuse my frustration, I decided to take pictures.
2. WG playing at the computer
3. AB drawing one more castle on the magna doodle. He obsesses over a particular image and draws it incessantly until he feels like he's perfected the design.
Our trip to the Smokies wasn't bad. But Sissy had a huge meltdown before we left. *big exasperated sigh* After all was said and done (about two hours of her screaming, defiant, disrespectful nonsense) she admitted that much of her anxiety is about school starting. I explained that I understood and that was why we saved our vacation for the last week of summer vacation before school, so we could have fun instead of laying around the house fretting. She was fine after that. But UGH! I could have done without that episode before our 5 hour road trip.
4. The three amigos watching Sponge Bob while I type this
5. Sissy and AB's meds on the counter at the resort. It's staggering that this is what the two of them need to be functional humans. I try not to think about it much. It scares me.
6. What? Did you ask me if I brought my quilting on vacation? Clearly you haven't been following for very long. I have one answer for you.