On a good day, parenting will test the integrity of your character. On a bad day, parenting will test your will to live. Parenting children with trauma histories will cause you to test the integrity of everything and everyone you thought you knew, for the rest of your life.
~J. Skrobisz

Thursday, August 12, 2010

crazy

Don't do it. Just don't do the crazy. I know it's hard but resist. (I'm speaking to myself.)

Crazy is popping out all over in my life and I want to whack it all down pretty hard, you know, crazy-style. Just because crazy is as crazy does doesn't mean I have to partake in the insanity.

It's hard to resist. Crazy, it seems, is like gravity. The larger objects of mass pull the smaller objects toward them. And crazy? It's heavy. REALLY heavy.

Today every time crazy wants to pop out, I'm going to chant it away. "go away, crazy, just go away. shoo, shoo!"

Instead of crazy, I'm going to dwell on peaceful, lovely things that bring sanity. Like this old grist mill we saw on vacation last week. Nice, eh? It's my wallpaper, currently.

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Please let me know if it works. The "chanting", that is. I'm trying to use "balance" to chase away our crazies here. Nice picture BTW.