On a good day, parenting will test the integrity of your character. On a bad day, parenting will test your will to live. Parenting children with trauma histories will cause you to test the integrity of everything and everyone you thought you knew, for the rest of your life.
~J. Skrobisz

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Suffering ... a year revisited

Yesterday's post was funny and light.  It covers the truth that I'm breaking apart and have sobbed through the last 48 hours.  It really wasn't a good visit with Sissy.  We have come to the point in the road with our dear daughter in which we are forced to make some harrowing decisions.  And in our state, those decisions could cost us unmitigated pain and loss.  My gorgeous Orlando RADilicious mommies are privy to our current reality and for now, it will stay that way.

Instead, I thought I would revisit a post I wrote a year ago about suffering. Because even though I'd like to imagine that I'm the only RADilicious mom that is hurting, I'm not. Since our respite in March, many of the beautiful women I met have continued to endure such suffering and pain in their journeys to rescue, support and raise their RADish gardens. This post, is for those giants in the Kingdom of Christ, Humanity and this Earth. There are no stronger women that you will find and should you be blessed to be called friend by just one of them, you are the luckiest person alive.

Suffering: dedicated to RAD moms everywhere

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry- And I'm so glad you have the Soul Sisters

Jgirl said...

You're on my heart, chica, often.

robyncalgary said...

re: GB's mom's blog post today, i wanted to comment and say

you are AMAZING, im not an adoptive mom, or even a special needs mom, but i HEAR what you say, i think you are so special, im thankful that you write this blog, mean people SUCK and dont ever listen to them.

<3 <3 <3

Sammie said...

Thinking of you. I'm going through a similer thing with my younger son. Not as hard as yours sounds. The system needs to change, there are really no services for kids with mental health care needs who can't live in a family. Somehow the families get blamed for this, its nuts. I don't need to tell you this though. Thinking of you, sending hugs.