On a good day, parenting will test the integrity of your character. On a bad day, parenting will test your will to live. Parenting children with trauma histories will cause you to test the integrity of everything and everyone you thought you knew, for the rest of your life.
~J. Skrobisz

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Screamfest 101

Yikes. A new blogger format. It scares me! *shivers*

 Learning new technology stuff is annoying. I don't have the time to readjust. I'm too tired. Why do things change? Oh well,if they didn't I'd probably complain that it was boring.

 Change has smacked me in the face this week. Sissy... she's coming undone. How she managed to avoid suspension this week is beyond me. She bribed another student: if she was paid $1.00 she'd stop stalking the student. When confronted by the teachers and the stalked student's parents, my daughter decided to reduce her fee to $0.50. If that wasn't enough, she marched up to the parents of the victimized student and told them what was what - explaining that it was THEIR daughter that was the liar.

 I may have to insist that my daughter be returned to the EBD classroom. This is the third outburst during school in two weeks. Last week the PE coach was rather put-out to say the least when she approached me in the car rider lane, handing me a fist full of nail polish vials and a miniature skate board she had confiscated. Apparently Sissy was refusing to participate in PE, huddled in the corner fiddling with things. When approached by the coach who inquired what Sissy was doing, my child's first response was, "I didn't open the nail polish." But of course her hands and skateboard were covered with various colors. And whom did Sissy blame for her choice to squirrel away these items? The student she was stalking.

 *bang head here*

 So pretty much, it's been screamfest 101 out of Sissy's mouth every night this week including a crisis call Tuesday night. The therapist's opinion was that should she get that bad again, I should call 911. But do I REALLY want to go down that road again with her? Um. No.

Bottom line, I think this school business is driving her monkey train and moving back to EBD is likely the best bet. Let's hope I can convince the county of the same. I think I'll mention the fact that on Monday, just a few hours south of here, a six year old was handcuffed for her classroom tantrum. And do they really want that kind of publicity for our perfect little county? I don't think so.

That's enough of my pity party for today.

4 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Good idea. Throw in the word "liability" too

kisekileia said...

If Sissy's not low-functioning enough for an EBD classroom, what the hell kind of kids are?! That class exists for kids like her. She should be in it. It's also important for the other student's welfare that Sissy be in an environment where she doesn't stalk people.

Cyndi said...

Oh, so you are having a bump in the road too. Yours is quite a bit bigger then the one we are dealing with at this time. You will figure it out, you always do.

Barb G said...

Love you girl. You are an exceptional momma. (((hug)))