On a good day, parenting will test the integrity of your character. On a bad day, parenting will test your will to live. Parenting children with trauma histories will cause you to test the integrity of everything and everyone you thought you knew, for the rest of your life.
~J. Skrobisz

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Miserably ill

Last dose of antibiotic taken yesterday.  I began to feel better by 10 pm.  Woke up, glands swollen again and then hurled my guts out directly after returning home from taking the kids to school.  Slept until 1.  See the doctor Thursday but not before I make a trip to see Sissy tomorrow for a face-to-face therapy session.

How in blue blazes am I supposed to do that?!?

This is the worst I've felt yet.  Thanks for your comments and suggestions.  It's not my thyroid, my symptoms are completely different when it goes haywire.  Pregnancy would be EXTREMELY unlikely although I've thought of taking a pregnancy test just to prove it negative.  Adrenal insufficiency sounds possible but it doesn't explain the swollen lymph nodes and despite my loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, the scale remains steady.  Go figure.

My first attempt to make and upload a video. not sure why but the sound is not tracking with the video.


Click here to access the auction. In the left sidebar click "crafts" to scroll through the homemade donated items. You'll find the quilts there listed alphabetically. Christmas quilt, Heart Strings quilt, I spy quilt.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Have you had blood work to rule out all tick borne illnesses (lyme, rocky mountain, etc)? Those illnesses can give the symptoms you describe and won't go away without the exact right antibiotic for the strain of illness you have.

I hope that is not what you have but it's important to rule them out to be safe.

Integrity Singer said...

@ meg - thanks for your thoughts. I haven't noticed any bites or rashes and even if I had come in contact with the bacterium that causes lyme disease, the antibiotics I've been on are both listed as those used to prevent the bacteria growth that causes the disease. So technically, I'm covered, noticeable tick or rash notwithstanding. we'll see what Thursday brings.

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so horrible. Holding you up prayer!